Addison, age 2
Current Interests: animals, building with LEGO, dancing and singing to music
Math: counting, adding/subtracting one, calendar ideas
(Number dice template: http://www.lessonsense.com/numbers/templatedicenumbersblack.pdf)
Early Math Ideas for Toddlers | Mini Plan Recommendations:
- Read 15 Animals by Sandra Boynton. (There is also a song on YouTube!)
Gather animal figurines/stuffed animals OR print off pictures of animals to use for counting activities.
- Create LEGO towers. How many bricks high is the tower? What happens if we add one more? How many are there if we take away 2?
- Dance party time! Make a dice with numerals on them (rather than dots) and jump that many times, counting aloud as you go. Then jump one more time!
Get your own learning plan with a 20-minute consultation call and 10 more activity ideas!
Note: this blog uses affiliate links, which means that I may earn a small commission if you purchase anything recommended here, at no additional cost to you. Rest assured, I only recommend items our family has used and loved. See our full disclosure policy here.
For more early math ideas, see these resources:
- Must-have math toys for learning at home
- Learning math at home in a fun way!
- Making Math Fun Parent Workshop