Summer is a wonderful time to celebrate 4th of July and learn more about our nation’s history.
When it comes to U.S. history for young kids, you have a couple of options. You can tell your kids the traditional tales we learned as kids (George Washington and the cherry tree comes to mind) or start to be a little more truthful about some of the harder details of our country’s past. I think we’re lucky in this way–we get to be lifelong learners along with our kids!
I like to tell my girls that history hasn’t changed, just our understanding of it.
We can also seek out resources that teach us more about the women and people of color who impacted our nation’s history that we didn’t learn about as kids. (If you have ideas, be sure to leave them in the comments!)
See our favorite patriotic books for kids!
Are you looking for patriotic learning activities?
I know you love spending time with your children. But sometimes, between the rush of work, home, and all those other items on our to-do list, “life” gets in the way. Whether you are looking for family activities or independent play ideas, our Patriotic Family Activity Guide has you covered!
WOULDN’T IT BE NICE TO:
- Experience learning through play together
- Skip the Pinterest scroll
- Know that each lesson is designed by an experienced, trained early education expert
- Mix, match, and customize your early learning experience
You can download our Patriotic Learning Activities for kiddos ages 2-6.
Our family activity guide includes 40 activities related to all subjects:
- U.S. History
- art & crafts
AND the guide comes with suggested books and a materials list for easy organization! (Note: this guide can also be used for Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day.)
Check out the lesson objectives:
Red, White, and Blue ( + U.S. History & Symbols)
- Colors: red, white, blue
- Letters: USA
- Focus: American symbols & landmarks
- Vocabulary: America, flag, stars, stripes, president, independence, parade, fireworks, eagle, Uncle Sam, Statue of Liberty, freedom
Choose from one of these three options:
- Join The Play School Club for instant, lifetime access to all 24 of our themed, seasonal family activity guides! (One-time payment of $60)
- Purchase the Spring Learning Bundle for 6 of our activity guides, plus three months of our private FB group. (One-time payment of $18.75)
- Buy the Patriotic Family Activity Guide a la carte. (One-time payment of $2.99)
Young children learn best through play, and our activity guides have the BEST learning through play activities available! You’ll love our patriotic activities and all our other guides, too.