Summer is a wonderful time to celebrate 4th of July and learn more about our nation’s history.
When it comes to U.S. history for young kids, you have a couple of options. You can tell your kids the traditional tales we learned as kids (George Washington and the cherry tree comes to mind) or start to be a little more truthful about some of the harder details of our country’s past. I think we’re lucky in this way–we get to be lifelong learners along with our kids!
I like to tell my girls that history hasn’t changed, just our understanding of it.
We can also seek out resources that teach us more about the women and people of color who impacted our nation’s history that we didn’t learn about as kids. (If you have ideas, be sure to leave them in the comments!)
See our favorite patriotic books for kids!
Are you looking for 4th of July Activities?
I know you love spending time with your children. But sometimes, between the rush of work, home, and all those other items on our to-do list, “life” gets in the way. Whether you are looking for family activities or independent play ideas, our Patriotic Family Activity Guide has you covered!
WOULDN’T IT BE NICE TO:
- Experience learning through play together
- Skip the Pinterest scroll
- Know that each lesson is designed by an experienced, trained early education expert
- Mix, match, and customize your early learning experience
You can download our Patriotic Family Activity Guide for kiddos ages 2-6.
Our guide includes 40 activities related to all subjects:
- U.S. History
- art & crafts
AND the guide comes with suggested books and a materials list for easy organization! (Note: this guide can also be used for Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day.)
Check out the lesson objectives:
Red, White, and Blue ( + U.S. History & Symbols)
- Colors: red, white, blue
- Letters: USA
- Focus: American symbols & landmarks
- Vocabulary: America, flag, stars, stripes, president,
independence, parade, fireworks, eagle, Uncle Sam,
Statue of Liberty, freedom
Best of all, our Patriotic Family Activity Guide isn’t just something you download and forget about!
The beach activities are part of our affordable membership program, The Play School Club.
By joining The Play School Club community, you get access to:
- our seasonal activity guides, filled with hands-on learning ideas for your toddlers, preschoolers, and primary grade students.
- a trained teacher who loves helping parents prepare their kiddos for Kindergarten in a fun way!
- other moms, who can understand, encourage, and support you through the hardest moments of parenting.
You also get a chance to nourish your own growth, through trainings, book club discussions and mini-classes about flexible family schedules, age-appropriate learning, and more.
SIGN UP NOW FOR OUR LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP AND GET:
- 24 themed activity guides (960 ideas in all!)
- our Developmental Milestones Checklist
- our Homeschooling 101 Course
- monthly workshops & book club discussions
- Age-Appropriate Learning
- Sensory Play Basics
- Sign Language & Early Literacy
- and more!
- access to our private Facebook group
- 1:1 support from a trained classroom teacher