Nearly two years ago, we moved from the seventh largest city in the United States to a small Midwestern town. We went from having a bookstore within walking distance of our home to (mostly) ordering our books online. We absolutely love our local library, but I also believe in the power of book ownership for children. For that reason, I’ve been interested in book subscription boxes for our family.
Last month, Bookroo reached out to our family and asked if we would be interested in reviewing one of their book boxes. I headed over to their website and immediately fell in love with their story and purpose:
“Our mission is to enable and empower parents to build their children’s book collections in an affordable and exciting way through curated monthly book deliveries. We believe in the power and impact of the written word in the life of a child, and believe it’s never too early to start reading to children!”
Bookroo was founded by three sisters-in-law who want to “make it convenient for parents and magical for kids to fall in love with reading and grow their book collections!”
Within a week, our box from Bookroo arrived on our front doorstep. The girls helped me open the package and were so excited to find TWO wrapped presents inside. After tearing off the (beautiful!) wrapping paper, they both settled in to read their stories…and then switched and read the other book, too.
Here are four things we LOVE about Bookroo:
- The books are fun and unique! I could immediately tell that the selection process for Bookroo is vigorous and thoughtful. Both picture books fit the monthly theme (“imagination”) in a different way, giving us lots of opportunities to compare and contrast the plots, settings, and characters.
- The entire experience was magical, from start to finish! From the packaging to the wrapping to the extra recommended activities, our kids loved the entire process. In a time where attention spans can be short, we have gotten hours of fun and snuggles from our box.
- The company is passionate about literacy! From the blog to their Facebook page, Bookroo is always there to share the best tips and author interviews with their community.
- The subscription is affordable and valuable. We love books in our house, and I’m happy to invest in quality products for our family library. After working as an independent consultant for an online book company for a year, I can vouch that Bookroo’s prices are competitive!
Right now, you can get 25% off any multi-month subscription (3,6, or 12 months) using the code BF2017 through midnight PST on Monday, November 27th.* If you are looking to get your children the gift of reading this holiday season, we can’t recommend Bookroo highly enough.
Have you tried book subscription boxes for your family? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
* Bookroo reached out to our family with a free box of books. This is not a paid review and no affiliate links have been used. Here are the details of the Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale: One redemption per family. Valid for new customers only. Existing customers may use for the purchase of one gift subscription. Valid 11/24 – midnight PST 11/27