Do you make time for reading aloud?
I’ll be honest — some days, it’s very difficult to get read-aloud time in as a family. I’m an introverted mom, and I’m usually all out of energy by the end of the day. And so, if I’ve left reading aloud on my to-do list until bedtime, it’s VERY easy for me to skip it. And yet…I know how important it is!
Today is a great day to start some new habits as a family!
Reading aloud with your children for 15 minutes a day can have significant impact on your:
- family bond
- child’s love for learning
- child’s emotional and academic success
- and MORE!
We know it can be tricky to find the time for reading aloud, but our printable reading log can help your family build consistent habits.
See all our literacy-related blog posts here:
- All our favorite read-aloud resources
- Find time for reading aloud!
- Keep your kiddos busy during read-aloud time
- 25 must-have read-aloud authors
- Mistakes parents make raising readers
- Literacy tips for parents of babies
- Best books for babies
- Literacy tips for parents of toddlers
- The importance of repetition in early literacy
- Literacy tips for parents of preschoolers
- Letter recognition activities
- Best books for new readers
Click here to download our free printable reading log from our Resource Library!
(You can find it in the Literacy Tips & Good Books section.)
Do you want to learn more about early literacy? Check out our parent training, The 3 Keys to Reading Success!